1 Temmuz 2021 Perşembe

Van in Turkey

    I met a Turkish citizen in Tabriz and he invited me to Van. To be honest I didn't plan to go to Van from Tabriz but suddenly decided to discover this Turkey's province where it's located on the eastern shore of Lake Van. By the way this trip has already happened on July of 2019 and I'm blogging it 1st of July in 2021. After 2 years :) what a lazy boy I'm.

First Day



I came to Turkey's border by a not shared taxi from Tabriz and it didn't charge me too expensive.
From Turkey's border to city center there are minibuses there. 


As I recognized that most of tourists come from Iran because of it's very close to Iran. 
There are kind of cheeses welcome you right there. Don't forget to taste a few of them at least !


It's called "Otlu Peynir" and my mouth is still watering.



When your host truly knows the city you are traveling to then it makes your trip 1000 times much better. Believe me !


You can have good time at Edremit boulevard during witnessing to sunset in a cafe.


When I was a little boy, I've heard dozens of times only one thing about Van Lake. Where are you Van Gölü Canavarı ? (Van Lake Monster which is a monster people used to believe that it has lived in the lake)

Second Day


As I mentioned above, I didn't intend to visit to Van but I took some notes where I needed to visit by my host.


It's a perfect thing that you find someone who'll take your photos during traveling around the world.


Let's go to Aghtamar Armenian Church which is top visiting place in Van. As you see on the photo, it's located on the Van Lake.











This church is telling so much things if you're capable of reading what's written on the walls...


This photo proves that how easy going a person I'm :) I met them around the Aghtamar Armenian Church and drank Turkish tea at a cafe.


Kafa dengi birilerini bulmak ne güzel bir şey !


Third Day


During traveling I'm anymore not rushing specifically when I meet local folks. I just go with the flow and listen to their stories. Sometimes listening to them gets much better than go into at a museum several times...


I have no idea what kind of humans built this castle but this "Van Castle" provides you a great view.





Seninde, sevdanda yerin dibine batsın ! 
I try to not to hate people even with nations we couldn't have peace times in the past but it really piss me off when I see stupid paintings on historical stuffs !

Memories are already fresh and I want to end up my day with that photo. How gorgeous it is, isn't it ? 


Fourth Day

I'm with my host and his guest to have Van Breakfast.


I'm a bloody tourist who discovers around randomly but at least I visit necessary places as much as I can.



It's yummy with local delicacies !


If you're a cat lover and then Van Kedi Villası (Van Cat Home) is somewhere where you definitely should be there. As you already know, there are some of the most famous cats in the world is in Van.



You're right ! She has two different eyes which is blue and yellow.



I have never thought that, I would be jealous of cats.


What a lovely photo I captured this time !





If you want to witness art of handmade then Yüzüncü Yıl Üniversitesi Türk El Sanatları Uygulama Merkezi is right place for you.


People try to teach to rug weaving for new generation. You won't only buy a rug to put on the wall but if you look at in the carpet carefully you'll see the passion of its maker. Making a rug really takes time, passion, and patience.


It's located behind of Van Kedi Villası. It takes a few minutes by walking.


Let me end up day with this...




    Well, I'm not the person who writes everyhing about trip like prices, where to get there, how tasty it is etc. Thing are changing so fast but I'm sure that Van Castle will remain where it is already. I write my thoughts how they come to mind. I don't use too much filter for my words and I just go with the flow. 
    The point of writing blog is to remind myself the good old days and show you some places I want you to know. Take care of yourself !




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Van in Turkey

     I met a Turkish citizen in Tabriz and he invited me to Van. To be honest I didn't plan to go to Van from Tabriz but suddenly decide...